Last revised: September 18, 2018
1. Who We Are and the Purpose of This Privacy & DMCA Policy.
- Natural persons contacting MMI through the Website;
- Visitors to the videos or other educational offerings on the Website;
- Subscribers to our newsletter(s) or other offerings; and
- Registered users of our services that download material, attend and/or watch webinars.
By using the Website, you are accepting and consenting to MMI’s policies and practices as explained in the Policy. MMI may change the Policy from time to time. You should check the Policy periodically for updates. If we make material changes to the Policy, we will notify you by email or by posting a conspicuous notice on the Website. Your continued use of this Website after we make changes will indicate your acceptance of those changes. The unrestricted content on the Website is accessible to all visitors. However, some services may require registration. In order to assess restricted content as a registered user, you are required to provide some personal and/or business information. The following section describes the type of information we need from you and how we collect it.
2. Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It.
Personal information. We collect several types of data from and about users and registered account holders of our Website, including their names, physical and email addresses and other information that you provide when requesting information about MMI’s services or products. We limit the types of data we collect to that which anyone can acquire through a search of public records or an internet search (“Personal Data”). We do not collect Personally Identifiable Information (“PII”), which can be used to identify a natural, unique, person, such as financial records, driver’s license number, credit card numbers or the combination of a name, address and social security number, for example.
We do not collect Personal Data from third parties. We only collect Personal Data from you when you knowingly provide it for various purposes, such as when you complete the “Contact Us” form on the Website, contact us requesting information about our services or products, register an account, or make comments on the MMI blog or other social media.
If you choose to register an account on the Website on behalf of your business, we require you to provide your first and last name as well as the name of your employer, your job title, and valid business email address and phone number “Business Information”.
You may ask questions about the Policy or proactively withdraw your consent for us to collect, use, share or maintain your information at any time by contacting us at: firstname.lastname@example.org or at 3213 W. Wheeler Street, #706, Seattle, WA 98199. Restricting the use of your personal information before MMI uses it in the manner described in the Policy is a better practice than attempting to “delete” or “recover” information that you have already shared. To protect your safety and ours, we may authenticate your identity before responding to your requests.
Publically posted information. You also may provide information or questions to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted”) in public areas of the Website, the MMI blog, or on other public social network sites that may be linked to the Website through the websites of MMI’s partners (collectively, “User Contributions”). You post and transmit your User Contributions through links on our Website (“Linked Sites”) at your own risk. We cannot control the actions of other users of the Website or entities that maintain or use the Linked Sites. Therefore, we cannot, and do not, guarantee that your Personal Data or User Contributions will not be viewed, reproduced, altered or distributed by unauthorized persons when you publicly post Personal Data.
Third parties control and establish their own privacy policies for the Linked Sites—this Policy does not apply to Linked Sites. It is your responsibility to read the privacy policies of all Linked Sites routinely to understand how those unrelated third parties collect and treat your PII and User Contributions. Please note that, even when you delete your posts, comments and messages you submit through the Linked Sites may still be viewable or available on our servers and/or of the servers of the Linked Sites.
MMI provides access to Linked Sites so you may find and review the websites and blogs of industry groups or affiliates of MMI; however, we are not endorsing any particular offers or making any warranty of the contents or invitations in those websites or blogs to which the Linked Sites lead. We provide these links as informational opportunities and do not intend our provision of the Linked Sites to be endorsements or any other assurance of their accuracy or veracity. Please review paragraph 16, Limitation on Liability, of our ToU for more information about limitations of liability.
How We Use Your Personal Data.
We use your Personal Data in the manner that we disclose and to provide, analyze, administer, enhance and personalize our services and marketing efforts, to process your registration, orders and payments and to communicate with you on these and other topics. For example, we use information to:
- Resolve disputes; troubleshoot problems; for billing, payment and collection purposes through third party electronic payment processors and/or financial institutions (“ESPs”) to process such financial transactions; protect the rights, property, or safety of MMI, our employees, users, or others if we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to comply with a court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request; measure consumer interest in our services; inform you about offers, products, services, and updates; customize your experience; detect and protect us against error, fraud and other criminal activity; enforce our ToU; and as otherwise described to you at the time of collection.
- Send you system messages about the functionality of the Website that you cannot opt out from and you will have to receive if you want to use our Website. For example, if the Website will be down for maintenance, we have to notify you of the outage. If you want to stop receiving our system emails, you will have to cancel your registration on the Website by contacting us at: email@example.com.
- Deliver newsletters and promotions in conjunction with your use of our services. If you do not wish to receive newsletters you may unsubscribe by clicking the “unsubscribe” link in the newsletter email. We may also send you newsletters that include offers from third parties. If you do not wish to receive these third party offers, you may unsubscribe by clicking the “unsubscribe” link in the newsletter email.
- Provide benchmark analysis and aggregate statistics. Business Information will be anonymized, will not contain Personal Data and will not be transferred or sold to third parties in any way or format that identifies you. We may compare and review your Business Information for errors, omissions and for accuracy. Operate and improve the Website. We may also use Website navigation data alone or in combination with your Business Information to provide aggregated information about the mortgage industry.
- Collect your IP address to track when you use our Website. We use IP addresses to monitor the regions from which you navigate our Website and sign-up to use our services. Your IP address is also registered for statistical purposes and to improve our advertising and layout of the Website. Specifically, we use your IP address for the following reasons:
- Send the most appropriate advertising based on geographic area or information derived from your IP address. Many IP addresses are commonly associated with internet service providers (“ISP”), universities, or major corporations in specific regions or localities. Aggregate information derived from IP addresses may also be reported to advertisers.
- Estimate the total number of users visiting our Website from specific countries or regions of the world.
iii. Assist third party advertisers in tracking the effectiveness of promotions they run on our Website and the visits to their websites.
We also use your Personal Data to comply with the use described when you provided your Personal Data and/or for any other purpose to which you consent. We do not transfer, sell or rent your Business Information to third parties for their marketing purposes other than what is stated in this Policy. We request only the information that we need to operate our Website and improve the user experience. We store your Personal Data for the period necessary in relation to the purposes for which it was collected or provided.
How, Why and With Whom MMI Shares Aggregated Information and Personal Data.
Aggregated information. “Aggregated” information is statistical and cannot be used to identify an individual without additional information. We may disclose aggregated information about our users and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction. Disclosure of aggregated information and Personal Data may be required to estimate our audience size and usage patterns; store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests; speed up your searches; and recognize you when you return to our Website. MMI does not use any third-party-placed tracking pixels or cookies from advertisers. Nor does MMI share any of your Personal Data with advertising platform vendors.
If you would like more information about sharing aggregated information across websites and your choices to limit third-party service providers’ access to your use of other websites, please visit: http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp Although our Website currently does not have a mechanism to recognize the various web browser Do Not Track signals, we offer our users choices to manage their preferences proactively, as set forth in section, Rights Concerning Personal Data and Account Details. To learn more about browser tracking signals and Do Not Track, please visit http://www.allaboutdnt.org/.
International Transfers of Personal Data.
MMI currently does not maintain contractual relationships with Third Parties located inside the United States that require the cross-border transfer of your personal data. We may contact you in the event that we may want to transfer your Personal Data to the country in which a Third Party operates or resides, we will request your express consent to do so. MMI makes no claims regarding its compliance with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield, the General Data Protection Regulation, or any agreement, binding corporate rule, certification, or decision of adequacy regarding the level of protection provided to cross-border transfers of personal data.
California Privacy Rights.
California law entitles residents to ask us for a notice describing what categories of Personal Data we share with third parties or with affiliates of MMI. MMI does not provide any PII to third parties for their own direct marketing purposes. If you want to request a notice or have any questions about our privacy practices, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org or at 3213 W. Wheeler Street, #706, Seattle, WA 98199.
Children Under the Age of 13.
CHILDREN UNDER 13 YEARS OF AGE CANNOT USE THE WEBSITE WITHOUT THE VERIFIED CONSENT OF A PARENT OR GUARDIAN. MMI does not knowingly collect Personal Data from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not:
- Provide any information about yourself to us, such as your name, address, telephone number, email address or any avatar, screen name or user name you may use;
- Use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Website; or
- Use or provide any information on this Website or on or through any of its
If a child under the age of 13 wants to use the Website, a parent or guardian of that child should contact MMI and provide the required verifiable consent before permitting your child to access our Website. If we learn we have collected or received Personal Data from a child under 13 without prior verification of parental or guardian consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13 without verified parental consent, please contact us at email@example.com or at 3213 W. Wheeler Street, #706, Seattle, WA 98199. We will permit you to review the Personal Data we have received prior to our destruction of it.
Copyright Protection Under the DMCA/Repeat Infringer Removal Policy.
We will respond to legitimate requests under the DMCA and we retain the right to remove user content on the MMI Website that we deem to be infringing the copyright of others. If you become aware of user content on the Website that infringes your copyright rights, you may submit a properly formatted DMCA request (See 17 U.S.C. § 512) to MMI. Misrepresentations of infringement can result in liability for monetary damages. You should consult an attorney before taking any action pursuant to the DMCA. A DMCA request can be sent to us via the contact information below:
Mortgage Media, Inc.
3213 W. Wheeler Street, #706
Seattle, WA 98199
Please send our Copyright Agent the following information:
- The electronic or physical signature of the owner of the copyright or the person authorized to act on the owner’s behalf;
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or a representative list of such works;
- The URL or Internet location of the materials claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity, or information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material;
- Your name, address, telephone number and email address;
- A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use of the material is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or the law; and
- A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or are authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
Your right to file a counter-notice. If we remove your User Content in response to a copyright or trademark notice, we will notify you at the email address you provided to MMI and offer to provide you with a copy of the notice. If you believe your User Content was wrongly removed due to a mistake or misidentification of the material, you can file a counter-notice with us that includes the following:
- Your physical or electronic signature;
- Identification of the material that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and where the material was located online before it was removed or access to it was disabled;
- A statement by you, under penalty of perjury, that you have a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled; and
- Your name, address, and telephone number, and a statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of federal district court for the judicial district in which the address is located, or if your address is outside of the United States, for any judicial district in which the service provider may be found, and that you will accept service of process from the person who provided notification under DMCA 512 subsection (c)(1)(c) or an agent of such person.
Upon receiving a counter-notice, we will forward it to the complaining party and tell them we will restore your User Content within 10 business days. If that party does not notify us that they have filed an action to enjoin your use of that content on the Website before that period passes, we will consider restoring your user content to the site.
Removal of repeat infringers. MMI has a policy to close permanently the accounts of users we identify as repeat infringers. We apply this policy at our discretion and in appropriate circumstances, such as when a user has repeatedly been charged with infringing the copyrights or other intellectual property rights of others.
Data Security / Legal Disclaimer.
MMI maintains reasonable administrative, technical and physical safeguards to secure your Personal Data from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration or disclosure. The safety and security of your Personal Data also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of the Website, you are responsible for keeping your password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. If you have reason to believe your account with MMI has been compromised, you are responsible for reporting the suspected unauthorized access or use to us.
We do not tolerate spam or other unsolicited contact initiated by a visitor to the Website. To report spam you believe you received as a consequence of your use of the Website, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org . You may not use our communication tools to send spam or otherwise send content that would violate our TOS. We may check for spam, viruses, phishing attacks and other malicious activity or illegal or prohibited content of the Website, but we will not permanently store messages sent through these tools.
Unfortunately, because of the complex and constantly changing nature of technology and business, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. While MMI takes reasonable steps to safeguard your personal information once we receive it, no transmission of data over the Internet or any other public network is guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, MMI cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or information we transmit to you from the Website. MMI protects your personal information in accordance with the laws of the State of Washington, United States, which may not be at the same level of protection legally required in other jurisdictions.
We offer our services “AS-IS” and “AS-AVAILABLE,” without liability of any kind. We are not responsible for events beyond our direct control. We will not be liable for any indirect, incidental, consequential or punitive damages relating to the use or release of your Personal Data. Refer to the ToU for additional limitations on liability.
10. Changes to Our Privacy & DMCA Policy.
MMI posts any changes we make to our Privacy & DMCA Policy on this page. If we make material changes to how we treat your Personal Data or enforce the DMCA, we will notify you by email or through a notice posted on the Website. The date this Policy was last revised is identified on the website. You are responsible for ensuring we have an up-to-date, active and deliverable email address for you to ensure we can notify you of changes to the Policy. You should also periodically visit our Website to review any changes to this Policy.
11. Rights Concerning Personal Data.
We respect your need to be able to access and update the Personal Data that you have provided to us. If you have registered online, you may access and update your information at any time by logging into your account. You may also ask MMI to update your information in your account by writing to us at the contact information set out below (subject to certain exceptions and as prescribed by law) or by email at email@example.com. We may request certain Personal Data to verify the identity of the individual seeking access to records that contain your information.
Wherever we rely on your consent, you have the right to withdraw that consent to stop receiving email communications from us, for example, at any time by selecting the “unsubscribe” text link provided at the bottom of all email communications, updating your account settings, or contacting us as indicated below. You may exercise your legal rights regarding your collected or provided information, and withdraw your consent, as set out in the applicable laws of the State of Washington, United States of America, or in the law of your state or country of residence, as well as ask any questions or comment about this Policy and MMI’s other privacy practices, by contacting us at: firstname.lastname@example.org or at 3213 W. Wheeler Street, #706, Seattle, WA 98199. You have the right to complain to the Attorney General or consumer protection affairs agency of your state or with the Federal Trade Commission.
Governing Law & Jurisdiction.
By using the Website, you agree that the laws of the State of Washington shall govern any disputes, without regard to its conflict of laws principles, including privacy or defamation issues or other concerns. Further, you agree that the courts of King County, Washington, will have jurisdiction over all matters arising out of or related to the use of the Website.
If you have any questions about MMI’s Privacy and DMCA Policy, please contact us at 3213 W. Wheeler Street, #706, Seattle, WA 98199 or email@example.com.