MBA Education, the education division of the Mortgage Bankers Association (MBA), recognized 44 individuals who earned the Certified Mortgage Banker (CMB) designation at a ceremony held at the MBA 2019 Annual Convention & Expo, held this week in Austin.
Included in that elite group of professionals was Mortgage Media Advisor Suresh Ramakrishnan, who is Senior Vice President of Ascendum Solutions in Blue Ash, OH.
Earning a designation as a CMB is the highest professional honor within the real estate finance industry. The 44 CMBs who received their designations this past calendar year will join a group of more than 1,300 industry professionals who have proven their commitment to excellence within the mortgage banking industry.
CMB candidates must acquire 150 points earned through a combination of professional experience, secondary education, continuing education through MBA and industry sponsored events, MBA Education and industry courses, as well as participation in MBA at the local, state and/or national level. After accumulating the required points and passing a comprehensive written exam, candidates must demonstrate industry knowledge by passing an oral exam conducted by a panel of CMBs.
Candidates have the option of choosing between the Residential CMB or Master CMB designations. The Master CMB is a combination of both commercial and residential mortgage banking disciplines, while the Residential CMB focuses on the single-family subfield of the mortgage industry.
To be eligible for the CMB designation, candidates must either work for an MBA member company or be a member of a recognized state MBA. Every candidate for an Executive CMB is required to have a minimum of 10 years of executive-level experience in real estate finance and hold a senior management/executive level position at an MBA member company.
MBA Education awarded the following industry professionals with the CMB designation over the past year:
Residential CMB Designees
- Nasim Al-Hakim, CMB: Sales Manager, NewRez LLC, Charlotte, NC
- Theresa Angelo, CMB, AMP: Account Manager, Arch Mortgage Insurance, Palm Coast, FL
- Amy Azorandia Curtis, CMB: Implementation Manager, Fiserv, Media, PA
- Raoul Badde, CMB, AMP: Area Manager, PacNW & SoCal, Finance of America, Chino, CA
- Andrew Baker, CMB: Vice President, Mortgage Operations, Macatawa Bank, Holland, MI
- Darrel Bilbrey, CMB: Director – Single Family Strategy & Innovation, Fannie Mae, Washington, DCLaura Burford, CMB, AMP: FVP, Director of Mortgage, American National Bank, Omaha, NE
- Alex Castellanos, CMB: Vice President, Mortgage Branch Manager, IBERIABANK Mortgage Company, Coral Gables, FL
- Pamela Cooper, CMB: Chief Financial Officer, Citywide Home Loans, Sandy, UT
- Chris Cusack, CMB: Senior Vice President, Capital Markets, George Mason Mortgage, Fairfax, VA
- Justin Demola, CMB: Vice President, Sales, Lenders One, Warren, NJ
- Phillip Donoho, CMB: Account Manager, Genworth Mortgage Insurance, Spring Hill, TN
- AmberElwell, CMB: Senior Vice President, Finance, Guild Mortgage Company, San Diego, CA
- Amanda Farrar, CMB, AMP: National Customer Delivery Leader, Fannie Mae, Plano, TX
- Richard Goble, CMB: Director, Reliable Mortgages Inc., Longwood, FL
- Tammie Gravlee, CMB, AMP: Senior Vice President, Director of Mortgage Operations, FirstBank – Franklin, TN
- Harry Hayes III, CMB: Vice President, Mortgage Origination, Clear Mountain Bank, Morgantown, W.VA.
- Cecilia Janson, CMB: Mortgage Development Manager, South State Bank, Charleston, SC
- Mike Klein, CMB, AMP: Vice President, CLM Mortgage, LLC, Spring, TX
- Sean Lamb, CMB: Director Regional Operations and Fulfillment, American Pacific Mortgage Corporation, Clackamas, OR
- Brian McCown, CMB, AMP, CRU: Vice President, Underwriting, Ross Mortgage Corporation, Troy, MI
- Aaron Miller, CMB, AMP: SVP, Mortgage Production Director, Banner Bank, Boise, ID
- Jason Missimer, CMB: Servicing Manager, First Guaranty Mortgage Corporation, Las Vegas, NV
- Rupa Nanda, CMB, AMP: VP, East Region Correspondent Manager, US Bank Home Mortgage, New York, NY
- Creighton Oswald, CMB: Senior Vice President, Weston Portfolio Group, Dallas/Ft. Worth, TX
- Rain Piechnik, CMB, AMP: Account Representative, National Mortgage Insurance Corp., Apex, NC
- Suresh Ramakrishnan, CMB: Senior Vice President, Ascendum Solutions, LLC, Blue Ash, OH
- Amy Ramsey, CMB: Vice President of Mortgage Lending, Guaranteed Rate Affinity, LLC, Charlotte, NC
- Jennifer Roach, CMB, AMP: Senior Account Executive, Freddie Mac, North Reading, MA
- Patrick Rodriguez, CMB, AMP: VP, Relationship Manager, Correspondent Lending, TIAA Bank, Dallas, TX
- Leora Ruzin, CMB: Vice President of Secondary Marketing, Guaranteed Rate Inc., Chicago, IL
- Nick Serrano, CMB, AMP: Vice President – Sales, Greater Nevada Mortgage, Carson City, NV
- Roger Strecker, CMB: Area Manager, Navy Federal Credit Union, Vienna, VA
- Pete Tamoney, CMB: Vice President, Director of Correspondent Sales-East, Northpointe Bank, Avon Lake, OH
- Jarod Temple, CMB, AMP: Senior Account Manager, Genworth Mortgage Insurance, Kansas City, MO
- Tammy Trefny, CMB: Relationship Manager, Fannie Mae, Chicago, IL
- Jerry Tubbs, CMB, AMP, CRU: Underwriting Manager, FundLoans, Encinitas, CA
- Nolan E. Turner, CMB: Managing Director, Carrington Mortgage Services, LLC, Southlake, TX
- Nima J. Vahdat, CMB, CRCM, CAMS: General Counsel & Chief Compliance Officer, Impac Mortgage Holdings, Inc., Irvine, CA
- Michelle Weiss, CMB, AMP: Senior Account Manager, Radian Guaranty, Anchorage, AK
- Chris West, CMB, AMP, CMS: Vice President – MSR Transaction Manager, Arvest Central Mortgage Company, Little Rock, AR.
CMB Designees from the Executive Certified Mortgage Banker Program
- Samuel Luna, CMB: Senior Director, Single Family Affordable Lending, Freddie Mac, Los Angeles, CA
- E. Rock Primas, CMB: Vice President, Global Growth & Partnerships, CareerBuilder, New York, NY
- Jeff Ratanapool, CMB: Chief Operating Officer, Century Mortgage Company, Louisville, KY